- Ten years of experience supporting the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) Service Desk.
- Extensive experience developing process flows and writing knowledge documents for Service Desk agents.
- Able to manage multiple projects in a stressful, fast-moving environment.
- Extremely passionate about technology and making it work better in all facets of life.
- Develop solutions for importing data manually and cleaning it to make it available for a new database (i.e., instances where an export of the database is not available).
- Perform analyses of large quantifies of agent and user generated support tickets to determine call drivers and solutions.
- Build reports and dashboards that work between SharePoint, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Create and manage SharePoint sites and lists.
- Design and implement websites using HTML, CSS, PHP, WordPress, and the Divi Theme Builder for WordPress.
- Develop solutions using out of the box tools (i.e., solve a problem when money cannot be spent).
- Create computer-based training modules.
- Edit photos using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic.
- Manipulate images for websites and knowledge articles using various tools including (but not limited to) Photoshop, Greenshot, GIMP, Paint.
- Record, edit, and publish audio and video for podcasts, websites, and social media.
- Lead teams through project calls to ensure tasks are being completed on schedule.
- Manage projects and tasks using home-grown tools (SharePoint and Excel) or Microsoft Project.
- Administer a Google Workspace tenant.
- Administer a Microsoft 365 tenant.
- Customize Microsoft Windows installations using NTLite.
- Install and manage a LAMPP (Linux, Apache, MariaDB/MySQL, PHP) server.
- Install and manage software on Microsoft Windows using Chocolatey.
- Install Microsoft Windows and various Linux distributions on bare-metal or virtual seats using physical media, disc images, or Windows Deployment Services Server.
- Manage knowledge documents using HP Service Manager and ServiceNow.
- Manage virtual computers using Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle VirtualBox, VMWare Workstation, and Proxmox.
- Develop process flows using Microsoft Visio.
- Write knowledge documents for end users and service desk agents.
- Develop Time and Motion studies.
- Develop User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plans.
- Department of Defense Secret Clearance
- 6C Public Trust
- CIW Master Site Designer
- CompTIA Security+
Graduated from the Tennessee College of Applied Technology in 2005. Received a Master Website Designer diploma.
Graduated from Wartburg Central High School in Wartburg, TN in May 2003.
Interests Outside of Work
- Virtual desktop computing using Microsoft Hyper-V, VirtualBox, or VMWare Workstation.
- Deploying Microsoft Windows using Microsoft Windows Deployment Services.
- Discovering and testing the latest Linux distributions and Free and Open Source Software.
- Discovering new uses for old computer hardware.
- Deployment of software on Microsoft Windows using Chocolatey.
- Working on Single Board Computing (SBC) projects such Raspberry Pi and Pine64 boards.
- Developing and managing web sites using the WordPress Content Management System (CMS), SharePoint, Laravel, HTML, CSS, and PHP.
- Learning about and developing applications using ServiceNow.
- Taking photos of food, landscapes, flowers, and products.
- Writing software, hardware, service, and other product reviews.
- Learning new formulas to use in Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
- Learning new coffee roasting and brewing techniques.
Roles Performed at Perspecta
Service Desk Implementation Lead
April 2019 – Present
- Implemented new projects, led project calls, assigned and tracked team tasks and performance.
- Developed, managed, and executed project implementation plans.
- Acted as a liaison between Project Managers, Engineering, Customers, and Service Desk leadership.
- Developed agent communications, knowledge articles, and training materials.
- Utilized a combination of Microsoft Project, Excel, and SharePoint for project management.
- Developed Microsoft Excel workbooks to track Service Desk metrics during Enterprise rollouts.
- Performed ticket deep dives to gauge problems or customer satisfaction.
Service Desk Performance Lead
May 2018 – April 2019
- Tracked agent performance by reviewing call data, performing ticket deep dives, and performing quality assurance analysis.
- Provided performance reports to agents and their leaders.
- Processed customer complaints to determine cause and solution to prevent reoccurrence.
- Created computer-based training modules and knowledge documents for agents.
- Interviewed service desk new hire candidates.
March 2017 – May 2018
- Created and delivered training in the classroom and through computer-based training modules.
- Created and maintained knowledge documents for agents and support staff.
- Assisted agents with process handling questions, computer, or system access issues.
- Applied continuous improvement disciplines to ongoing processes to improve agent performance and customer satisfaction.
Service Desk Agent
February 2011 – December 2011 (as a contractor)
January 2012 – March 2017 (as a full-time employee)
- Provided Tier 1 technical support to Navy end users for hardware, software, network, access and other supported services.
- Identified as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Service Desk processes.
- Assisted support teams in implementing new tools or services that would be supported by the Service Desk.
Roles Performed While Self-Employed
Freelance Web Site Developer
January 2003 to February 2011
- Created and maintained customized web site layouts for clients.
- Converted printed text and graphic material into digital re-productions for use on client websites, brochures, manuals, flyers, pamphlets, and product use instructions.
- Installed and managed client web sites using the WordPress content management system.
Roles Performed at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology
2004 to 2005
- Implemented web-based applications for student training.
- Developed and maintained the school’s website.
- Provided day to day assistance to the Information Technology and Business Systems Technology instructors.
- Provided day to day assistance to other students, instructors, and staff on the network.
- Acted as photographer for special events.