Skip to content
- CompTIA Security+ certified.
- Training development and delivery (classroom and computer based) experience.
- Knowledgebase content creation and management experience.
- Web site design and development experience.
- Able to write HTML, CSS and PHP code.
- Has worked with MySQL databases and the WordPress content management system.
- Able to manage a web server running Apache and MySQL.
- Certified as a CIW Master Site Designer.
- Currently Studying / Working On / Projects
Business Analyst at DXC Technology in Boise, Idaho
March 2017 – Present
- Develop training material for classroom and computer based delivery (e.g., outlines, instructor guides, PowerPoint presentations, videos).
- Provide classroom training for new hires.
- Provide classroom training for existing service desk agents to train them how to handle new contracts.
- Develop, publish, and maintain knowledge documents through HP Service Manager’s Knowledge Management module.
- Provide assistance to the Tier 1 service desk for system issues and ticket handling questions.
- Liaison between higher level teams and the Tier 1 service desk (e.g., tickets that were handled incorrectly, changes occurring in the environment, new procedure development).
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) tester for new systems and system updates.
- Work closely with Implementation Leads to help with the implementation of new contracts in the Leveraged Service Desk (e.g., Federal Student Aid, Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA), PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), and currently USAccess).
Unites States Public Sector (USPS) Service Desk Agent at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in Boise, Idaho
May 2015 – March 2017
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the transition of the HPE USPS Service Desk from Tulsa, OK to Boise, ID.
- Developed training and led training classes for service desk agents.
- Created knowledge management articles for processes and best practices.
- Assisted with the configuration and deployment of service desk agent computers and accounts.
- Assisted service desk agents with technical and process issues.
- Ensured phones, emails and web tickets were answered or worked to conform to service level agreements.
- Took inbound calls and emails from HPE USPS employees and customers.
- Performed password resets and account unlocks on Windows, UNIX, Linux, and SUN servers.
NMCI / NGEN Service Desk Agent in Boise, Idaho
February 14, 2011 – January 6, 2012 (as an employee of World I.T. Solutions)
January 9, 2012 – November 2, 2015 (as an employee of Hewlett Packard)
November 2, 2015 – March 2017 (as an employee of Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- Took inbound calls from Department of the Navy employees.
- Tracked issues and resolutions using Remedy and HP Service Manager.
- Activated customer accounts, reset passwords, updated contact information and corrected errors on user accounts and file shares in Active Directory using Microsoft Management Console (MMC), Universal Naming Convention (UNC) and Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
- Provided remote support for: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, web-based applications running on the Java and Adobe Flash platforms, DoD web-based applications, Remote Access Services (RAS) and all other software and hardware utilized on the NMCI network.
- Took escalated calls from other service desk agents while on the Windows 7 deployment team during the initial deployment phase of Windows 7 on the NMCI US Navy network.
- Monitored inbound calls of service desk agents and provided constructive feedback to the agent and their supervisor.
Web Development Specialist in Lancing, Tennessee
January 2003 to February 2011
Freelance web site development
- Created and maintained customized web site layouts for clients.
- Converted printed text and graphic material into digital re-productions for use on client websites, brochures, manuals, flyers, pamphlets and product use instructions.
- Installed and managed client web sites using the WordPress content management system.
Instructor Assistant in Harriman, Tennessee
January 2004 to July 2005
Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman (now known as Tennessee College of Applied Technology, Harriman campus)
- Implemented web based applications for student testing.
- Developed and maintained the school website.
- Provided day to day assistance to the Information Technology and Business Systems Technology instructors.
- Provided day to day assistance to other students, instructors and staff on the network.
- Took photos for special events.
- Graduated from the Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman (now known as Tennessee College of Applied Technology, Harriman campus) in 2005. Received a diploma as a Master Website Designer.
- Graduated from Wartburg Central High School in Wartburg, TN in May 2003.
- Currently enrolled in continuing education courses to keep CompTIA Security+ certification current.
- CIW Master Site Designer
- CompTIA Security+
- Yes, ask for additional information if needed.
- Virtual desktop deployment.
- Linux distributions.
- Free/open source software.
- Single Board Computers (Raspberry Pi and Pine64).
- WordPress content management system.
- Web site development.
Currently Studying / Working On / Projects
- Currently taking a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) course through e-courses4you.com
- Completed a Microsoft SQL/ASP/C# course at the end of December 2017.
- Since completing I have been working on a couple of web apps. One for work and the other that I will hopefully be able to share on my website as freeware. Why freeware? To give back to the free and open source software community.
- Continuing to work on Raspberry Pi tutorials for my blog.